8th Workshop on Food Allergen Methodologies
May 5 – 8, 2014
Co-Sponsored by APEC
- Poster Session
- Food Product Manufacturers Session
The Bureau of Chemical Safety in Health Canada's Food Directorate and the Food Allergy Research and Resource Program (FARRP) are sponsoring the Eighth Workshop on Food Allergen Methodologies to take place in Vancouver, BC Canada on May 5 – 8, 2014.
As a follow-up to the 2012 workshop organized by Health Canada and FARRP, the Eighth Workshop on Food Allergen Methodologies aims at increasing consultation, information exchange, and harmonization in the area of food allergens and analytical methods for food allergens.
The Eighth Workshop on Food Allergen Methodologies aims at gathering scientists, chemists, analysts and other representatives from government agencies, university, industry and consumer associations, to discuss issues related to detection, identification, characterization, and control of allergen residues in foods.
Download PDF for 8th Workshop on Food Allergen Methodologies Program (This program subject to change. Updates will be posted as they become available.)
Various topics to be discussed:
- Approaches to regulation/control of food allergen
- Analytical method development/evaluation and validation/harmonization
- Risk assessment/risk management – Impact on methodology development
- Development of reference materials
- International approaches
- Gluten-Free: Regulatory Update and Analytical Challenges
- Impact of processing on food allergen detection
A poster session will be held on Tuesday May 6, 2014 from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Poster session abstract submission is now closed. Poster participants must be registered for the workshop. If you have any questions, please contact Pat Gergen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Product Manufacturers session specific - Wednesday May 7, 2014
As in previous workshops, one day of the workshop is specifically designed for food industry attendees who wish to learn more about analytical test methods and their uses and interpretation. A one-day registration is available for food industry representatives who wish to attend this session on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. This session will include:
- New Analytical Development Sessions 1:30 - 4:15 p.m.
- Food Allergen Test Kit Demonstrations and Reception 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Registration is now CLOSED
- Government, Educational and Consumer group representatives (full workshop) $425 USD
- Industry and other representatives (full workshop) $625 USD
- One Day Registration $250 USD/day
- Invited Speaker Registration $0 USD
All Canadian Participants - Please note: An option to submit payment in Canadian Dollars will be available shortly. If you are Canadian and are interested in this option please contact Mr. Jean-Marc Gelinas at email@example.com
The workshop will be held at the Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Reservations should be made online or directly with the hotel. See below.
A special room rate of $195 CAD plus tax for a single or double occupancy run of the house room is being offered to workshop participants. Room upgrades are available for an additional charge. Please ask for the 8th Workshop Food Allergen Methodologies group rate. The hotel cut-off date is Thursday April 10, 2014. After this date reservations will be accepted on the basis of space and rate availability.
- Hotel OnLine Registration Link:
- Hotel Direct Phone: 1.604.893.7120
- Hotel Direct Toll-Free: 1.800.663.9255
- Hotel Toll-Free (Central Reservations):
For additional information contact:
Pat Gergen, FARRP
University of Nebraska