Effective Food Allergen Management Workshop
March 20-22, 2019
Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Chicago, IL
For many food processors, food allergens remain among the most challenging food safety concerns to manage, and undeclared food allergens are the most common cause of FDA food recalls. With the implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), it is more critical than ever to have well-documented, effective allergen management programs.
Join us in Chicago to gain practical information and hands-on experiences to enable you to develop and implement effective, FSMA-compliant food allergen control programs in your facilities and organization.
Registration through January 31, 2019
FARRP Member - $975
Non-Member - $1105
Late Registration (After January 31, 2019)
FARRP Members - $1075
Non-Members - $1225
For information or inquiries about this workshop, please email Pat Gergen at email@example.com or call 402-472-5302
- The science behind food allergies
- Food allergens and FSMA
- Allergen labeling laws
- Practical strategies for food allergen management
- Hands-on experience developing an allergen control program
Who should attend?
- Allergen management teams
- Production, manufacturing, engineering, and product development personnel
- QA/QC professionals
- Regulatory affairs professionals
- Public relations and crisis management teams
- Ingredient/testing/service suppliers
Speakers: (subject to change)
- David Acheson, President and CEO, The Acheson Group LLC
- Joe Baumert, Co-Director, Food Allergy Research and Resource Program & Associate Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- David Clifford, Director, Food Safety, Nestlé USA
- Melanie Downs, Assistant Professor, Food Allergy Research and Resource Program, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Martin Hahn, Partner, Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Heidi Hau, Manager, Technology Partnerships & Development, Global Food & Beverage, Ecolab, Inc.
- Scott Hegenbart, Manager Scientific Affairs, Food Protection & Regulatory Affairs, Conagra Brands, Inc.
- Rick Heiman, Director, Global Hygiene, Kerry
- Jason Hlywka, Global Toxicology; Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Kraft Heinz Company
- Phil Johnson, Assistant Professor, Food Allergy Research and Resource Program, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Brent Kobielush, U.S. Regulatory Affairs Director, Cargill, Inc.
- Jenny Scott, Senior Advisor, Office of Food Safety, U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- Joe Stout, President/Founder, Commercial Food Sanitation LLC (Invited)
- Steve Taylor, Co-Director, Food Allergy Research and Resource Program & Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Registration includes workshop materials, continental breakfasts, refreshment breaks, lunches, and a certificate of workshop attendance. Registration is limited! Wait list may be available. The registration fee is only refundable if the workshop is filled or cancelled. No refunds will be given if your attendance is not possible (substitutions are acceptable with prior notice). No onsite registrations will be accepted.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 877-803-7534 and use Group Code G-UNON or click here to find contact information by Region. If the group rate is no longer available, prevailing rates may be offered for some or all of your dates.
Hyatt Regency O’Hare
9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue
Rosemont, IL, USA, 60018
Special Workshop Rates
Special workshop room rates of $179 (plus tax) per night for single or double occupancy available before February 20, 2019. All reservations must be accompanied by a first-night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Fee refundable if cancellation received 48 hours before scheduled arrival.
The Hyatt Regency O’Hare is 10 minutes from Chicago O’Hare International Airport. The hotel has a complimentary 24 hour shuttle. The shuttle departs from the main entrance of the hotel every 15 minutes between 4:00 am and 12:00 am and every 30 minutes between 12:00 am and 4:00 am. Follow the red shuttle signs at the airport to the designated pick-up area, O'Hare bus/Shuttle Center Door One. Shuttle buses have signage that reads Hyatt Regency O'Hare.