11th Food Allergens Methodologies Workshop
May 4-6, 2020
The Bureau of Chemical Safety in Health Canada's Food Directorate and the Food Allergy Research and Resource Program (FARRP) are sponsoring the Eleventh Food Allergens Methodologies Workshop to take place May 4-6, 2020.
As a follow-up to the 2018 workshop organized by Health Canada and FARRP, the Eleventh Food Allergens Methodologies Workshop aims at increasing consultation, information exchange, and harmonization in the area of food allergens and analytical methods for food allergens.
The Eleventh Food Allergens Methodologies Workshop aims at gathering scientists, chemists, analysts and other representatives from government agencies, university, industry and consumer associations, to discuss issues related to detection, identification, characterization, and control of allergen residues in foods.
Various topics to be discussed:
- Consumer Impacts of Food Allergies
- Novel Foods and Allergenicity
- Updates on Mass Spectrometry & ELISA Approaches for Allergen Analysis
- Food Allergen Risk Assessment & Risk Management
- Food Allergies - Codex, Sanitation, Labeling & Consumer Response
Optional Dinner - Monday, May 4, 2020Location (TBD)
You must register to be able to enter your Poster Abstract online. Once you are registered you will receive a reference code (i.e. 6XJ-KXO-457) in your Registration Confirmation Email. Use the reference code and the following link Poster Abstract Submission to setup your Poster Abstract account. Please choose from the available Poster Abstract categories for your submission. Poster Abstracts are limited to 2500 characters, excluding Poster Short Name which is limited to 50 characters and the Presentation Title which should list full name of abstract. Poster Abstracts are due Monday, March 23, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact Pat Gergen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Industry and other representatives (full workshop) - $695 USD
- Government, Educational and Consumer group representatives (full workshop) - $495 USD
- 1.5 day Registration - $425 USD
JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District
10344 102 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0K9
+1 780-784-7950 direct
Room Rate: $263 CAD + tax per night (Standard/King)
Reservations should be made online with the hotel. Room block closes Monday, March 30, 2020. Rooms will be released after that date. After March 30, reservations will be accepted on the basis of space and rate availability.
- Skyshuttle Airport Service, reservation required, fee: $18 CAD (one way); Book online at Skyshuttle Airport Service or call +1 780-465-8515
- Greater Edmonton Taxi; reservation required; estimated taxi fare: $60 CAD (one way); call +1 780-462-3456
- Off-site parking: $6 CAD hourly, $26 CAD daily
- Valet parking: $50 CAD daily
For additional information contact:
Pat Gergen, FARRP
University of Nebraska
Phone: +1 402.472.5302